Let us help keep your WordPress website safe and secure.
Your website is fundamental to the success of your overall marketing strategy. As such, it needs to be protected from internet threats and security breaches. In addition, your site must be kept up-to-date with the latest software, theme, and plug-in updates so that it performs at its best. We offer Ruby Care for clients who have had WordPress websites created by Ruby Slipper Designs.
And of course, outside of Ruby Care, we also offer regular website updates.
Questions about Ruby Care
Did you know, 30%+ of the total websites worldwide are powered by WordPress? As a result, it is highly targeted by hackers. The most common way for hackers to gain access and compromise a WordPress website is through theme, plugin or core WordPress files that are not updated to the latest versions. Approximately 30,000 websites are hacked every day. Keep your website safe and up-to-date with one of our maintenance plans.
Any website can crash or be infected by a virus. If you don’t have a backup, the potential for permanently losing your entire website is real. What do you do if that happens? You rely on the most recent working WordPress backup of your site from before the problem occurred. This is the safe version of your site before things went wonky. Hooray!
Backups are completed and stored securely for your entire website and database. We back up everything required to restore your website in full.
When we can do so, absolutely. However, there are some circumstances where we have inherited a site and the theme was so far out-of-date that it is actually quite risky to make the update. There are other circumstances where the theme vendors may have changed some key components of the core files and everything goes sideways. In those cases, we restore the theme back to the last stable version and update when we are able. For this reason, we cannot guarantee that the theme will always be up-to-date, but we do guarantee that we will put our best experts on the task.
Google Analytics is a free web analytics service that tracks and reports website traffic.It includes amazing data, but can often be overwhelming. That's where Orange Poppy reporting comes in. Each month, you’ll get these vital reports via email. You will see exactly how your website is performing. Specifically, the Orange Poppy report shows the last month’s activity in the following areas:
- Top visited pages in your site
- Top traffic channels (for example Direct, Referral, Organic Search, Social).
- Number of visitors and what device are they using(desktop, mobile, tablet).
- Time people spend on your site. You’ll receive audience stats on New versus Returning users, Sessions, pages they review, average time on site, and the bounce rate.
Technology is moving so fast and Ruby Slipper Designs is constantly learning about the newest advances in website development. From the latest in SEO methods, to the most popular trends, we are in the eye of the tornado.
Each month, we will evaluate performance and/or user experience enhancements for your site. For example: video content, pop up email sign ups with enticing / relevant offers, new color or visual ideas, minor design adjustments, the best way to phrase a call to action, new targeted key phrases.
All sites can benefit from the power of a fresh idea. Let us brainstorm for your business. We will evaluate your site and then send you our recommendations so that your website operates as your most valuable marketing and sales tool.
Sign Up for Ruby Care
It is our priority to protect your website. We look forward to serving you with one of our new Ruby Care packages!
- All website updates are performed on the 1st of the month—or, if on a weekend, the closest business day of the week.
- Ruby Care is billed quarterly—Jan 1, April 1, July 1, Oct 1—and covers the next three months of updates.
- Do you have more than one site created by us? Receive a 25% discount on Ruby Care for 2 or more sites.
- Functionality issues that arise from updates are not covered within Ruby Care. Fixes will be addressed and billed at our hourly rate.
- eCommerce sites are more complex. Please contact us for a custom quote.
- BONUS: Anytime we are asked to login to your site throughout the month, we will update plugins or WordPress if needed.
- We strive for your website’s optimal performance and security, but we did not build the software or plugins, nor are we supplying the hosting platform it runs on. For this reason, we do not represent, guarantee or warrant that the functions contained in your webpages or website will be uninterrupted, error-free, free from loss, corruption, attack, viruses, interference, hacking, or other security intrusions and disclaims any liability relating thereto.
- If you do not wish to sign up for Ruby Care, we will not be responsible for any future issues until we get a call from you saying that your site is down or behaving oddly. We do not recommend this option unless you have another developer or are confident in managing your site updates and backup yourself. Any updates or security fixes will be billed at our current hourly rate.